Visitor Information and Links
Patients also have a responsibility to St. Joseph's Hospital. St. Joseph's Hospital has the right to expect patients to:
- Provide accurate and complete information about their past and present health status and hospitalizations; report changes in their condition; and to question any actions or orders that they do not understand
- Follow the treatment plans prepared in consultation with them by their physicians and nurses.
- Be responsible for their actions and the results if they refuse treatment or do not follow caregivers’ instructions.
- Follow hospital rules and regulations affecting their care and conduct.
- Abide by the Hospital’s Tobacco-Free Campus Policy. Which states all employees, visitors and patients must refrain from using cigarettes/smokeless tobacco while on Hospital property. If the patient is a tobacco user, he/she has a responsibility to discuss alternatives to smoking/smokeless tobacco with his/her physician prior to treatment.
- Be considerate of other patients and hospital personnel; respect the property of other patients and the hospital; and to assist with the control of their visitors.
- Provide accurate and complete information concerning their next of kin and Medical Power of Attorney, and their financial situation and to be responsible for their financial obligations.
- Acknowledge lack of understanding of treatment and care decisions.
- Follow hospital restrictions on possession of illegal drugs, alcohol and weapons
- Notify hospital staff of any concerns about any safety issues.